Have your cake?

Eat it, too.
4/01/2011

Gmail Inspired by Mr. N. Dynamite?

Posted by JoeyBreak

One of the latest projects at Google Labs is set to "improve" how we email (by email I mean Gmail). This development is called Gmail Motion and interesting enough, the goal is to use body motions to interface with the email composer. Take a look at the video.

Fascinating? Weird? I'm not sure there is a proper reaction to such an idea as they're marketing it, but let me just say the first thing that came to my mind: "Is this one of those Onion News Network videos?... Nope web address indicates Gmail servers."

I can't wait until the first thing every employee in corporate America does each workday morning looks a lot like a Napoleon Dynamite dance scene! Hold your applause.

If something like this makes the keyboard and mouse "outdated technologies", just call me a stick-in-the-mud because after two hours of playing flag football almost 48 hours ago, the aches in my body make me feel like a stick-in-general and there's no more effective way to send an email than to sit back and tickle the plastic letters with my fingertips. Besides, I'm quite certain there are plenty of other reasons why the keyboard is a technological giant that shouldn't be labeled "outdated" just yet...

Unless "outdated" is Napoleon-Dynamite-Google speak for, "Ow! Ow! Ow! Kill the pow... It kills! My pack! Ow! Turn it off! Turn it off, Kip! It's a piece of crap it doesn't work!"

April Fools!

0 comments: